The HAV Essay Competition is now closed. The winners will be located on our parade page in the weeks ahead!
HAV Essay Competition – Liberty, Honor Sacrifice
This year's theme is Liberty, Honor, and Sacrifice
The competition is now closed!
- Students must be currently attending an Arizona high school in grades 9-12.
- Homeschooled students of high school age are also eligible.
- Entries must be 350-400 words long.
- Entries must be submitted online on the Honoring America’s Veterans website.
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, September 20, 2022.
- Submission needs to include information on the form below and your essay in an attachment (doc, pdf, etc.)
- Cash prizes ($250.00) to each first-place winner in grades 9-12.
- Cash prizes ($150) for your classroom teacher.
- The announcement of you as the essay winner when you ride in the HAV Phoenix Veterans Day Parade.
- Your winning essay printed in the parade program, and other souvenirs
- Entries will be judged on the quality of the story and its impact, writing and grammar, and adherence to the theme.
All submitted essays become the property of Honoring America’s Veterans.
The Essay Competition is now closed. We hope you will try again next year!
We are not accepting entries at this time.