HAV Essay Competition is now open!
HAV Essay Competition – Liberty, Honor Sacrifice
This year's theme is Liberty, Honor, and Sacrifice
Submissions open May 13 – Sept. 13
- Students must be currently attending an Arizona high school in grades 9-12.
- Homeschooled students of high school age are also eligible.
- Entries must be 350-400 words long.
- Entries must be submitted online on the Honoring America’s Veterans website.
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, September 13, 2022.
- Submission needs to include information on the form below, along with your essay in an attachment (docx, pdf, etc.)
- Cash prizes ($250.00) to each of the first-place winners in grades 9-12.
- Cash prizes ($100) for each of their teacher’s to use in their classroom.
- The announcement of you as the essay winner when you ride in the HAV Phoenix Veterans Day Parade.
- Your winning essay printed in the parade program, and other mementos
- Entries will be judged on the quality of the story and its impact, writing and grammar and adherence to the theme.
All submitted essays become the property of Honoring America’s Veterans.